How to Cure Mouth Ulcers Fast Naturally – 9 Homemade Remedies
Aphthous stomatitis is the medical term for common mouth ulcers. Painful sores can appear on the inside of the mouth or anywhere on the soft tissue on the tongue. Many people complain of a burning or stinging sensation before the sore actually appears. Once ulcerated, the sores are usually round, gray or white, and have an inflamed red border.
Mouth ulcers are known to arise from various causes. Mouth ulcers may develop after tissue damage from eating acidic or sharp foods. Injuries from sharp edges on teeth or orthodontic appliances can also cause mouth sores. They are known to occur when someone has a compromised immune system, a mineral or vitamin deficiency, or a gastrointestinal disorder.
Homemade Remedies to Cure Mouth Ulcers Fast Naturally
While there are over-the-counter medications that can help a sore heal and disappear, there are different home remedies that people can use to ease discomfort and promote healing.
1. Using an Anesthetic Spray for Mouth Ulcers
Essential oils from the eucalyptus and peppermint plants have long been used in home remedies for their anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties. These essential oils also act as astringents to dry out the tissue in and around the sore, which relieves fluid and swelling symptoms as well as stinging. Eucalyptus and peppermint also provide a cooling sensation, reducing discomfort by interfering with pain signals transmitted by the nerves in the area.
- 2 teaspoons grapeseed oil
- 10 drops peppermint oil
- 8 drops of eucalyptus oil
- nebulizer or spray bottle
- Pour the essential oil into the bottle.
- Cap the bottle and screw on tightly.
- Shake well before use.
- Spray formula directly on canker sores.
- Apply as needed to treat discomfort and speed healing.
2. Use Chamomile Tea Bags to Relieve Ulcer Pain
Chamomile tea is often used to aid relaxation and sleep. However, this tea may also relieve indigestion by relaxing the muscles in the gastrointestinal tract. Chamomile contains many compounds, including bisabolol and L-cresol, which have anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties. Therefore, this tea bag can be used to relieve the pain caused by mouth ulcers while promoting the healing process.
- 1 tea bag, any brand of decaffeinated chamomile herbal tea
- Let the tea bag steep in the water for one to two minutes.
- Apply moistened tea bags to canker sores for up to 10 minutes.
- Use twice daily until healed.
3. Treat Mouth Ulcers With a Homemade Sage Gargle Remedy
The common herb known as sage has been used for centuries by many people of the world as a food seasoning. Native Americans and other people also used dried sage as a natural remedy for cleansing and treating mouth sores.
- 2 teaspoons dried organic sage
- 4 to 8 ounces of water
- Bring the water to a boils.
- Add the dried sage.
- Soak for 10 minutes.
- Let the mixture cool.
- Gargle with sage water for about one minute.
- Spit out the mouthwash, then rinse your mouth with water.
- Store remaining solution in a capped bottle.
4. Get Rid of Mouth Ulcers with Coconut Oil
Coconut oil has anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties. Coconut oil also has a pleasant taste, which makes it great for treating canker sores.
- Organic Coconut Oil
- cotton swabs or cotton balls
- Apply a generous amount of coconut oil to the cotton utensil of choice.
- Apply a thick layer of oil directly to the surface of the canker sore.
- Repeat application as needed.
5. Relieve Mouth Ulcer Pain With Clove Oil
Clove oil contains the compound eugenol, which interferes with pain receptors in nerve tissue to relieve discomfort from ulcers.
- ½ teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 to 5 drops of clove oil
- warm water or warm salt water
- cotton swabs or cotton balls
- Rinse the inside of your mouth with water or saline.
- Mix together clove oil and olive oil.
- Use a cotton ball or swab to apply the oil to the canker sore.
- Continue to apply more oil until the area is numb.
- Keep your homemade oil in a small bottle with a lid.
6. Treat Mouth Ulcer Sores With Homemade Honey Scrub
Honey has been widely adopted for topical wound treatment due to its natural anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties.
- warm water
- raw honey
- Rinse mouth with warm water to clean mouth thoroughly.
- Apply a small amount of raw, raw honey to the canker sore.
- Apply honey two to three times a day.
- The last application before going to bed will be most effective.
7. Get rid of Mouth ulcers with Protective Wax
Canker sores are often irritated by friction with teeth or dental appliances. However, by applying a protective wax , one can counteract the irritation caused by the friction. In this way, ulcer healing can become faster.
- 1 teaspoon beeswax
- 2 teaspoons organic coconut oil
- Combine the beeswax and coconut oil and melt the mixture in the microwave or in a steaming bowl.
- Let the mixture cool.
- Apply generous amounts of beeswax to dental appliances to protect canker sores.
8. Treating Mouth Ulcers with Cayenne Peppers
Capsaicin, the compound in cayenne peppers, is commonly used to treat muscle soreness. The compound interferes with a neurotransmitter called substance P to prevent the brain from detecting discomfort. Therefore, cayenne pepper can be used to relieve discomfort associated with mouth sores.
- ½ teaspoon organic cayenne pepper
- warm water
- cotton swab
- Add water to the cayenne peppers a few drops at a time until a paste forms.
- Apply chili paste to the sore with a cotton swab.
- Use this treatment two to three times a day.
9. Aloe Vera Mouthwash to Relieve Mouth Ulcer Pain
Aloe vera gel is still one of the natural medicinal plant products in the world. This gel is favored for its anti-inflammatory and pain-relieving properties.
- 1 teaspoon aloe vera gel
- 1 teaspoon water
- Mix aloe vera gel and water.
- well mixed.
- Gargle with the solution on the irritated site in the mouth to relieve pain.
- Rinse your mouth with the solution up to three times a day.
Mouth Ulcers Treatment Tips
Eating yogurt may get rid of or prevent mouth ulcer sores. Yogurt and other forms of fermented milk have long been used to restore normal gut flora balance. When eaten with a spoonful of yogurt, this dairy product is able to normalize the oral flora and promote the healing of canker sores. Choose plain yogurt that contains live flora. Take three tablespoons per day.
Salt water is another home remedy with a long history. To balance the sodium-rich water, salt water encourages fluid from swollen tissues to flow outward. Therefore, salt water helps to relieve swelling of the ulcer. In addition, salt water also has an analgesic effect. Just mix half a teaspoon of sea salt with a quarter cup of warm water. Gargle with this solution three times daily until the sore heals.
Try these home remedies to see which ones work best. Mouth Ulcers may heal faster with combination therapy. Also, pay attention to eating habits and general lifestyle to find patterns that may lead to the development of mouth sores. For example, if stress is a factor, find appropriate stress reduction and relaxation methods to relieve physical tension. Remove acidic foods from your diet until the canker sores disappear.